I have been a science and technology educator and administrator for over twenty years. During that time, I have taught Physics (AP, Advanced, Honors and College Prep), Atmospheric Science and Chemistry (AP, Honors and College Prep).
I have also developed and implemented a nationally-recognized K-12 science education program as well as a K-12 Mobile Learning Initiative. I have also taught the course iPads in the Classroom for Teachers for the Online School for Girls.
- Global Girls Inspiration Network facilitator: STEAM and Project-Based Learning. One Schoolhouse and National Coalition of Girls’ Schools.
- Apple Distinguished Educator. Class of 2013, Class of 2015.
- NSTA Committee on Professional Development. 2013 to present.
- NSELA Professional Development Committee. 2011 to 2014.
- Faculty Advisor, TERC Summer Course: Using GIS in the Classroom. Summer 2011.
- NSELA Webinar Coordinator. 2011 to 2012.
- NCGS/Harpeth Hall STEM Advisory Council Member. 2010 to present.
- NSTA Committee on High School Teaching. 2010 to 2013.
- NSTA The Science Teacher Advisory Board, Chair. 2009-2010.
- NSELA Treasurer. 2011 to 2012.
- NSELA Region B Director. 2008 to 2010.
- NAIS Aspiring Heads Fellowship. 2006 to 2007.
- NCGS Best Practices in STEM Project, Science Education Coordinator. 2006 to 2008.
- National Science Teachers Association
- International Society of Technology Education
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- American Association of Physics Teachers
- National Science Education Leadership Association
- NSTA/Vernier Technology Award for Innovative Use of Data Collection Technology. 2009.
- AAAS/Subaru Essay Writing in Science Competition. 2007.
- AAAS/Subaru Lesson Plan Writing in Science Competition. 2006.
- NSTA/Ohaus Award for Innovations in Science Teaching. 1994.
- Manhattan College Award for Excellence in Science Teaching. 1992.